Turkey & Cucumber Lettuce Wrap
Top a lettuce leaf with a slice of turkey, cucumber, hummus and paprika, then, as if it were a tortilla shell, wrap it up with another piece of lettuce.
Grilled Vegetable Quesadilla
4 large multi grain tortillas
2 large zucchinis sliced into 1/4 inch slices
2 large squash sliced into 1/4 inch slices
4 large portobello mushrooms sliced
4 red bell peppers or sweet pointed red peppers
1 large red onion sliced
2 cups fresh mozzarella cheese shredded
8 tbsp pesto
salt and pepper to taste
Turn your grill on and let it heat up to about 300 to 350 F degrees.
Season the zucchini, squash and mushrooms with salt and pepper.
Grill the vegetables, including the peppers on both sides until grill marks form. Remove from grill and set aside. Make sure you grill the peppers until they’re charred.
Let the peppers cool then careful remove the skin and seeds from the peppers then wash them out.
Take a large tortilla and spread 2 tbsp of pesto over the top of the tortilla. Arrange grilled vegetables on half of the tortillas, some zucchini, squash, red onion, mushrooms and peppers. Top with about 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, use less if preferred. Flip over the other half of the tortilla to form half a circle and press down. You can use a panini press to grill the quesadilla or use a skillet. If you’re using a skillet, spray the bottom of the skillet with cooking spray. Place the quesadilla and grill it on both sides until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side.
Repeat with remaining tortillas and grilled vegetables.
Cut each quesadilla in 4 and serve.
Buffalo Shrimp Salad
1 pound jumbo frozen shrimp peeled and deveined, thawed
1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
4 cups lettuce chopped
1 cups cherry tomatoes halved
1 medium carrot chopped
1 medium cucumber chopped
Place the shrimp in a strainer with a bowl filled with water inside it. Soak for 10 minutes with cold water and then dump the water and refill for another 10 minutes.
Heat a medium sized skillet to medium heat. In a small bowl, mix the thawed shrimp with the chili powder and paprika with the buffalo sauce.
Add the sauced shrimp to the heated skillet and cook for about 10 minutes, turning a few times to make sure it’s cooked through. Add the cooked shrimp to your assembled salad. Serve immediately with a side of light ranch, if desired.
Roasted Chicken & Veggies
- 2 medium chicken breasts, boneless skinless cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup broccoli florets, frozen or fresh
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 cup grape or plum tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (optional)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-4 cups cooked rice of choice (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Chop your chicken and veggies into 1″ cubes.
- Place the chicken and veggies in the baking dish. Sprinkle all the spices and garlic evenly over the chicken and veggies. Drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the veggies are charred and chicken is tender.
- Place ½ or 1 cup of cooked rice and divide chicken and veggies evenly on top of the rice. Cover and store in the fridge for up to 5 days or freezer up to 2 months.
South Western Chicken Salad
2 tsp vegetable oil
75g sweetcorn kernels
2 tbsp soured cream
1tsp white wine vinegar
Pinch of castor sugar
2-4 cooked chicken breast, baked & sliced
125g cherry tomatoes, halved
1 can of kidney beans
1 large onion, diced
1 red chilli, deseeded and sliced
- Heat a small frying pan over a medium heat. Add the vegetable oil, swirl it around the pan, then cook the sweetcorn for 5 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside.
- Mix the soured cream, white wine vinegar and caster sugar, and season to taste.
- Slice the chicken and arrange with the tomatoes and beans on 2-4 plates. Scatter the sweetcorn over, then top with the sliced spring onion and chili.
- Drizzle with the soured cream dressing and salsa then sprinkle with coriander to finish.
Open Faced Turkey & Avocado Sandwich
1 slice of whole grain bread
3 slices of roasted turkey slices
1 avocado, sliced
4 sundried tomatoes, sliced
Handful rocket leaves
2 tsp fresh pesto
- Brush your bread with the olive oil and grill both sides for 1-2 minutes.
- Add a few slices of turkey, sliced tomato, sliced sundried tomatos, a handful of lettuce and drizzle with pesto.
Green Bean Salad
2 handfuls of fine green beans, trimmed
1 small red onion, sliced thin
¼ cucumber, cut into thin sticks
2 handfuls cherry tomatoes, halved
4 cups of mixed salad leaves
extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
juice of 1 lemon
sea salt, to season
freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Cook green beans in boiling water covered for 3 to 4 minutes. Cool beans by running under cold water and drain well.
- Place beans in a bowl and combine with all the salad ingredients.
- Dress salad with a generous drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and the lemon juice, add the croutons and chives. Season salad with sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste.
Turkey Apple Sausage Patties
- 1 lb. ground turkey (may substitute chicken)
- ½ cup finely minced apples
- ½ tsp. garlic powder or onion powder
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning or sage
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. crushed fennel (optional)
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp. coconut oil or avocado oil
- Combine turkey (or other ground meat), diced apple, garlic, spices in a mixing bowl, mix thoroughly with a large spoon or your hands.
- Using hands, form meat mixture into 12 small patties (Thin is good because they will shrink and fatten up in the pan a bit).
- Heat a skillet to over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, add oil/fat (about ½ Tbsp. per batch of patties, depending on the size of your pan).
- Add the patties to the pan, being careful not to overcrowd them or it’s difficult to flip them and they won’t brown as well. Cook for approximately 3-4 minutes per side until browned and no longer pink in the center.
- Remove patties to a plate lined with a paper towel and repeat with remaining oil and turkey mixture.
- Store in a covered covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days – may be frozen for longer storage.
- To cook from frozen, add to a small pan with few drops of water. Heat over medium-low heat covered with a lid for 5-8 minutes or until heated through.
Mediterranean 3 Bean Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- ½ lb. green beans, trimmed and snapped into 2-inch pieces
- 1 (15 oz) can of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeds removed and chopped
- 1 cup chopped seedless cucumber
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted and sliced in half
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, bring quinoa and water to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until for 15 minutes, or until quinoa is tender. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes, covered. Remove lid and fluff with a fork. Transfer quinoa to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, blanch the green beans. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until tender crisp, about 2 minutes. Drain the green beans and place in a bowl of ice water. Drain well and pat dry.
- Add the green beans, garbanzo beans, white beans, peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese, olives, and basil to the bowl with the quinoa.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper. Pour dressing over the salad and gently stir until salad is coated with dressing. Season with additional salt and pepper. Serve.
Spicy Tuna Wrap
- 1 4oz can Solid White Tuna
- 1 1/2 – 2 tbsp Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp siracha
- 2 whole grain or whole wheat wraps
- 2/3 cup matchstick carrots
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced into long sticks
In a small bowl, mix together the tuna, yogurt, soy sauce, and siracha.
Divide the tuna salad between the two wraps.
Divide the vegetables between the two wraps.
Wrap and enjoy!